Don’t Miss Annapolis the Fun @ First Sunday Art Festival … on October 3rd 2010
As we kick off the Fall October Fest season in Annapolis
October brings the much welcomed cooler weather and a number of outstanding outdoor activities to Annapolis. One of the first this month is the 2010 season’s final First Sunday Festival on October 3rd from noon until 5:00 p.m. During the five hours of festivities, West Street is closed to cars and becomes a fun-filled, outdoor, free, family affair of creativity for all ages to enjoy.
The street transforms and becomes a stage filled with live music, entertainment, and over 90 booths of art, jewelry, house wares, accessories and so much more. Plus several restaurants become outdoor cafes with perfect seating to watch the festivities, fun and people go by. So begin your October and fall season having fun in Annapolis by making the First Sunday Art Festivals part of your plans on October 3rd.
Live Entertainment on West Street …
- Viva Flamenco – an international dance company known for its performances of the Flamenco and other traditional dances. Will perform from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. in Stan and Joe’s side lot.
- Annapolis Dixieland Band – that plays traditional New Orleans Dixieland music plus swing and jazz will perform from noon until 1:30 p.m. in Wiseman Park.
- The Basement Band – with New York roots will perform its successful sound that ranges from rock influence to a country feel from 3:00 – 4:45 p.m. in Wiseman Park.
Around the Corner in Whitmore Park…
- The Brothers and Sisters –known for their range of music talent from rock & roll to contemporary country and blues will perform from noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Swing Dancing Fun – for longtime and first-time fans from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Craig Sparks Swingtet — performs from 2-3:30 p.m. providing live music for the dancers, and then the swing dancing fun continues with DJ-music accompaniment from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
The October 3rd First Sunday Arts Festival wraps it up for this year, but the Festival will return to Annapolis’ West and Calvert Streets in 2011 from May to October – on the first Sunday of each month.
For information, visit the website: www.firstsundayarts.com . The event is sponsored in part by Severn Savings Bank and GottaSwing.com.
Share on Facebook